Thursday, October 21, 2010

26.2

I never thought I would be able to do it, but after many months of training I ran my first marathon. I felt very prepared, but when race day came I had a few hang-ups. At mile 15 my knee started hurting and I had to stop at every rest stop to have them rub icy-hot on my knee. With that and record heat, it made for a rough day. But, I did it!!! And I still had fun and will probably do it again. My official time was 4:34, not quite what I was hoping for but with it being my first, oh well.

Almost to the finish line!!

5 comments:

Megan Young said...

YES YOU DID DO IT! And with an awesome time despite your hang-ups! I love your pictures! Thanks for letting me train and tag along with you--I really enjoyed those times talking!

Seth and Nicole said...

Congratulations!!! That is awesome. It's such rewarding accomplishment....I am impressed you said you would do it again.

Mat and Jamie Holt said...

You did awesome! Way to go!!!

Kyla said...

Great Job! (Something I will never attempt, but I'm always amazed when others do it!) Your kids are getting so big! Love the pics!

Emily said...

wow!! you're amazing!